A bike computer, bike speedometer, or cycle computer is a device that is mounted on your bike that records the bike’s speed and distance traveled.
Why do you need a cycle computer on your bike?
If you are a cyclist, you will find the benefits of having a cycle computer very advantageous. This small cycle computer has the added benefit of being able to track your speed, distance and calories burned as you ride.
You can use these cycling stats to help improve your cycling technique, or for comparing and tracking your progress as you ride.
How to install a bike computer so that it doesn’t go in the way of other accessories like bicycle bottle cage?
You will want to strategically place your bike computer at the top, in the middle of your bike handle. This way it doesn’t go in the way of your bottle cage (if your bike has one already installed – check this out https://www.salitomania.it/portaborraccia/).
The following instructions explain how to install a cycle computer on your bike.
You will need to:
1. Find a bike computer that fits your bike
2. Install the cycle computer on your bike
3. Start the computer and your bike’s computer will be automatically set up
4. Adjust your computer’s settings to suit your needs
5. Take the time to read the instructions thoroughly before you begin.
6. Ride your bike – and enjoy your new bike computer.
How to calibrate a bike computer?
As with anything electronic or mechanical, you should read the instructions that come with your bike computer.
The instructions on the device will explain how to calibrate your bike computer.
Once you have read the instructions, follow these steps:
1. Turn on your bike computer
2. Press the ‘calibrate’ button
3. Wait for the computer to calibrate
4. Press the ‘reset’ button
5. Wait for the computer to reset
6. Press the ‘start’ button
In order for your bike computer to work properly, you must make sure that it is set up correctly.